In January, I called to book a vacation at Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana for my nephews wedding in August I was told the total cost was the $429.I asked the person on the phone if that was the total cost including All Inclusive and he said yes, it is all inclusive.

I was very pleased with the price so I made my airline reservations. In April, I received an email from the resort stating that I had to pay my all inclusive charges of $800 per person (2 of us) to be able to have the all inclusive aspect of the vacation. I contacted RCI and asked them about it and they said yes, they are due to the resort as they don't handle that part of the booking. I told them that I was told by the representative (who is no longer there) that I was not informed of these additional charges.

I normally book my vacations in Mexico and it is always a part of the cost up front and is never added on. The cost is not near as high there so I was expecting my total cost to be covered at this point. I tried to cancel the whole thing including my airfare and I couldn't cancel the airfare. I called RCI back and asked them to find a different resort that wasn't as expensive.

They didn't have any other options available for me. So I finally found one myself outside of RCI and booked it. When I called RCI back, they said they could cancel it but they held my money towards a future booking and wouldn't return my money to me. I am not finding where having a vacation plan that I am paying out the nose for has given me any benefit.

Be sure to do your own vacation planning with a travel agent and skip the ownership ***.Our actual vacation ownership is with Vida Vacations which isn't much better.

Review about: Rci Cruise And Resort Vacations Vacation Package Booking.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Rci Cruise And Resort Vacations?

Comments