Bought cruise package on the understanding that all I would need to pay extra was port fees on a cruise....To date I have paid for the package but on looking to book anything...the vast majority of the cruises have an excess which is over and above the regular cost of the cruise if booked direct with cruise company...so on top of the fee taken for the package I have not found a single cruise which comes out cheaper than the book price....I was categorically told at time of buying package that this would not be the case...I am stuck now at having to pay way over and above the book price of anything...they advertise cruises at £0 excess but in reality these dont exist and are not available to book/buy...

Product or Service Mentioned: Rci Cruise And Resort Vacations Vacation Package.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Is there a pending class action lawsuit? We are in the same position.

Hoping you will see this message before RCI calls me back. Trying to understand - are you talking about one of those packages that RCI calls you at home and offers you a deal?

They called tonight offering $2,500 price - includes cruise for 2 on any cruise line and at least oceanview but if you want balcony you can pay the upgrade.

In addition to the cruise you will be entitled to a one week vacation at a resort where you choose to go for up to 6 people, 2 bedroom unit. Is this what you are talking about?

to Cat M.1966 #1441932

RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation is nothing more than a legalized scamming company. I purchased a $2600 package and tried to book a cruise and finally settled with an oceanview stateroom.

But by the time I finished the booking with the agent, they charged me extra $450 for Cruise Fair on top of the Gov. Fees of $325. Gov. fees I understand but I ended up paying $2600 for the package plus $450 for cruise fare with tax ($325) totaling $3375.

I went on the Royal Caribbean website to book the same cruise and got a total cruise fare of $1660.64.

So RCI charged me $1715 for the same cruise I could have got directly from the cruise line.RCI is a vacation SCAM... STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!Please let me know if there is a class action suit against them!