I just tried to book a cruise with RCI using my certificate that I purchased back in March 2016. Knowing that I would be responsible for port fees and taxes - But my Certificate value was apparently only good for an inside cabin.

I paid $1,999.99 IN FULL at the time they sold it to us. After trying to get an upgrade to a balcony the final cost was going to be $1451.00 pp. Now how is it that I can go online to AAA and find the same exact cruise, ship and room for $1,549.00? Their rep was supposed to call me and I never heard back from her.

So meanwhile, I have 3 other people trying to calm me down and keep telling me "let me see what I can do for you". Um, so the original person didn't do their best when I was speaking to them? Sales people, not a fan! So I asked for a refund for the $1999.99 and was told it was past the date to ask for a refund.

I kept hearing you also received bonus Resort stays etc. Well I already own a timeshare that I can trade in, which is less than what the Certificate that I bought was worth. After getting the same run around from every person on the phone from RCI.

I told them--I will never buy from them EVER AGAIN..

I would highly suggest NOT purchasing any type of package from RCI, because in the long run, your $$ aren't worth the $$ you paid. No matter how good they make it sound, it is all lies!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rci Cruise And Resort Vacations Vacation Package.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monetary Loss: $1999.

I didn't like: Overall misrepresentation of the cruise package.

Comments